Seattle-area farmers markets are generally open from spring through fall (specific dates and hours vary by location). The markets are an excellent place to pick up fresh produce, flowers, breads and local arts and crafts.
King County maintains a list of Puget Sound Area Farmers Markets, complete with dates and hours.
- Pike Place Market
- Open all year
- Produce, fish, meats, flowers, baked goods, crafts, shops
- Ballard Sunday Farmers Market
- Open Sundays all year, 10-4 in summer and 11-3 November-March
- Produce, flowers, baked goods, crafts
- University District Farmers Market
- Open Saturdays May 7-Dec 17, 2005, from 9-2
- Produce, flowers, baked goods
- West Seattle Farmers Market
- Open Sundays May 8-Dec 18, 2005, from 10-2
- Produce, flowers, baked goods, seafood, live music, crafts
- Columbia City Farmers Market
- Open Wednesday May 11-Oct 26, 2005, from 3-7
- Produce, flowers, baked goods, cooking demos, live music
- Broadway Farmer's Market on Capitol Hill
- Sundays May through November 11-3
- Public parking lot on East Side of Broadway between John and Thomas.
- Produce, flowers, baked goods, cheese, meat, egges, jams, vinegars etc.