You can make reservations for over 30 Seattle-area restaurants online at no charge through OpenTable.com.
Amazon.com's Restaurants section offers hundreds of Seattle-area menus organized by neighborhood and by cuisine (click on "See more cuisines" to see the all types), along with customer reviews and ratings (1 to 5 stars).
Discussion Boards Edit
There are several places to discuss restaurants or just read others' comments and questions:
- Chowhound's Pacific Northwest Message Board is a lightly moderated bulletin board, 15-25 postings per day. Registration not required to post.
- EGullet.com is similar to Chowhound, but requires registration to post, and its discussion threads are organized differently.
Other Resources Edit
- Yelp.com Yelp is the ultimate guide to Seattle. You will find real reviews from real people on everything Seattle has to offer. Restaurants are one of the main areas of focus.
- HappyCow.net lists more than 20 vegetarian restaurants and health-food stores in the Seattle area.
- Zagat Survey's Seattle section offers reviews and ratings for more than 300 Seattle-area restaurants in a paid-subscription service (you can only view restaurant names and locations without a subscription). You can buy a book edition of their 2005 ratings.
- Please note: Zagat's site design changed in April 2005, so direct links to area-specific information may not work as expected. Additionally, registration required to view full restaurant rating information.
- Sushi Seattle has a searchable database of Seattle sushi restaurants with user and editorial reviews.
- CitySearch Seattle has a comprehensive database of restaurants, also searchable and with reviews.