The main library of the Seattle Public Library system is located at 1000 4th Ave (between 4th and 5th Avenues, and between Madison and Spring Streets). The library's phone number is: 206-386-4636.
Library Hours Edit
- Monday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 Noon - 6:00 PM
- Capacity for 1.45 million books and materials
- 400 computers for public use
- Underground parking for 143 vehicles
- 2 charging stations for electric vehicles
- 9 floors of public space, 2 floors for library staff, and 1 floor for parking
- 275 seat auditorium
The $160 million Central Library was designed by the Office of Metropolitan Architecture, of The Netherlands, and LMN Architects, of Seattle. It opened on May 23, 2004. It was the eighth project completed under the Libraries for All buidling program. It is the third Central Library to occupy the block.